A friendly inter-club event between Midhurst Camera Club, Ludshott Photographic Club and Petersfield Photographic Society, bravely judged by Sue Sibley ARPS, EFIAP, DPAGB, member at Southhampton and New Forest Camera clubs and Chairman of Southampton International Exhibition.
For those of you who have never been to a Mix & Match before, you’re in for a treat. This is a fun evening where the normal rules, conventions and etiquette of a camera club competition are thrown out of the window. Heckling and giving the judge the benefit of your own opinion are not only allowed but positively encouraged.
Please don’t miss this one, it’s great fun and needs lots of audience participation, so bring your family and friends along too! Please note change of venue for this event!
Basic rules are:
- each team brings with them a pool of 25 images to choose from
- team A puts up an image on their screen
- teams B & C have 30 seconds to choose one of their own images which they think matches A’s image in some way and display it on their screen
- the judge decides whether or not one or both of the images match while the audience gives helpful advice
- points are awarded as appropriate
- an additional point is awarded to the team the judge, assisted by the audience, decides has shown the best image of the round
- next round starts with team B, etc.
- each image can only be used once
Members: WE NEED YOUR IMAGES!
We need lots of images to choose our own pool of 25 from. Images fit into one of two categories:
1. images that other teams will find difficult to match, and,
2. images that could match with lots of others.
I’m sure we’ve all got a few images that fit into the “really weird” or “completely unique” category as well as some that might match with all manner of others so let us have your 5 best contenders.
How to enter your images for the selection process:
A new competition called “Mix and Match” has been set up on the club’s website so all you have to do is enter up to 5 images in the same way as you would enter a normal PDI contest. File naming and sizing should keep to the normal rules too, i.e. maximum of 1400 x 1050 pixels, filename for example: Winning Image#Fred Smith.jpg
Images are needed by the end of January so that the final 25 can be chosen in time for the competition.
To make the evening even more special, we want to have cake as well as biscuits available during the interval so if you feel like doing a little baking please contact Shirley.